Get Emergency information by clicking here.
Are you getting emergency alerts? Click her to register for emergency updates Alert San Diego System.
Lots of community events to help with your emergency preparation. Check out the events at sdcfacertsdiv.com, choose from the drop down list on top left, HOME, then CERT NEWS, scroll down to see list of events.
2019 Fire Prevention Week theme, “Not every hero wears a cape. Plan and practice your escape. ™”, provides an opportunity for fire and life safety organizations to share how important it is for everyone to have a home fire escape plan. You can teach your community about the dangers of fire and smoke. Learning these dangers may help them understand that having a plan is not enough. They need to practice it, so everyone knows what to do if they have a fire in their home.
ARE YOU PREPARED FOR AN EMERGENCY?
Fire season is around the corner. That means it’s time to prepare your home, car, and loved ones for any potential emergencies. It’s also important to remember to financially prepare for any situation. This goes beyond having a rainy day fund. It means having copies of your most important documents, like your family’s passports, birth certificates, bank information, insurance documents, and medical records. Keeping safe copies of these or knowing where to get them after a disaster is one of the most important steps you can take to prepare.
- Contact your state motor vehicle agency for a replacement license or state ID card.
- Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) to request a replacement card.
- Get in touch with the Medicare program to replace your lost or stolen Medicare card.
- Contact your state Medicaid office to get a replacement Medicaid card.
- Let the State Department know immediately about your lost or stolen passport and then request a replacement.