Personal Two-Way Communications
- Telephones – It is essential in the back country to keep a Hard “Land” line. These will work even when the electricity is out. Satellite and Internet Telephones will not work.
- Cellphones – will work for a time without electricity, but the coverage is still very limited.
- Internet Communications will not work unless you are able to power your computer, router, and any other equipment in your house to get the signal out.
- Walkie Talkie or Family radio are excellent ways to communicate short distances. Click here to find out more. Walkie Takie Radio
- HAM Radio or Amateur Radio is a way to communicate long distance with other HAM Radio operators. You must have a license to operate. Click here for more information. HAM Radio info